About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Weekend Retreat

As my aforementioned post, my family and I decided to have a one night stay at the prestige Holiday Inn Kuching before i leave for Curtin. The previous school holidays wasn't a holiday at all as my mom had to study and my dad had to go for a course. Hence, my mom decided to wind down at a hotel even though its in Kuching and just one night there.

So last Sunday we quickly packed and went to Holiday Inn in the afternoon. We wound up being at the top floor[9th] and room 937. Two twin beds so it was adequate. Ironically, the astro in the room were mostly of foreign channels which we quite understand like NNK Japan Kids, Anteve kids and such. Hey,were malaysians not japanese! And i doubt we watch preschool japanese shows. Double ironically, they were no disney shows!!!!! I want to watch the disney channel especially my favourite comedy, The Suite Life of Zack And Cody. That left us to ogle at HBO, Discovery Channel and Vision Four besides the normal Malaysian tv stations. Well, my mom and brother decided to check out more about Curtin as they were also having their exhibition at Holiday Inn. Rest of us watched "Norbit" on HBO then we went swimming. Had to teach my sister from square one on how to swim properly. Apparently she become scared of water again and the way she kicks is like cycling. End of the day i manage to teach her to swim at a distance of 3-4 meters. Great accomplishment!


View from the window. Too bad no Balcony[prevent suicides]















Sarawak River















Swimming Pool































For dinner, we proceed to eat at Hartz Buffet to gain back the energy we lost during swimming. Haha. Met a few friends and families there. I never fail to amaze people when i "pump" the ice cream out of the ice-cream maker with such flair creating the perfect "swirly cone pyramid" . After dinner we chose to do some shopping at Parkson amongst the bermuda triangle of shopping[Parkson, Tun Jugah and Sarawak Plaza]. A perfect isosceles triangle of shopping which has the bermuda effect of "drowning" die-hard shopping addicts to spend their hard earned money in three perfect locations. Kuching thrives on these people/tourist. Oh well, economy boost.

After a few hours of mindless window shopping, we went to buy some junks. I bought a carton of lychee juice and "grab mi" for my breakfast. When we came into the hotel room we saw my brother sleeping soundly on the bed. My brother didn't join us during the shopping as he was too tired. Anyways, we watch Spiderman 3 and The celebrity apprentice that night while reading comics during the intervals. My dad had to so some work on the laptop and i sipped on lychee juice [i donno why i even wrote this sentence]. After some bickering family conference on where to sleep and how we slept peacefully while my brother being a football fanatic went to the lounge downstairs to watch football. Spain won *no mood* Hooray~*no mood*.....

The "Grab Mi" curry falvoured. No 0o0omph!




















The next day[last monday] ate breakfast and then i went swimming with my sister. My sister FORGOTTEN how to swim AGAIN and i had to start from the beginning. She eventually manage to learn again. After that, parents and sister had to leave early as my mom and sis had to go to school. My dad had to go to the office. So my bro and I basically stayed in the room as my dad will fetch us later. Watched another movie while eating Mc.Chicken burger . Dad fetched us later in the afternoon.

Light Rays peeping through the window















The messy bed and the free newspaper















Me and the glasses















While waiting for dad, i snapped some more pics.

The lobby















Lobby Lights














Lobby Shop















The Poolside Cafe





















At night, we went to celebrate Ping Ping's birthday. She's back from Australia. Had quite a feast and fellowship among the youths and aunties from church. I let the pictures do the talking.

The feast of fried noodles, spaghetti, beef stew, curry chicken , assorted fruits, French loaf, Rojak, sheperds pie, french fries, assorted nuggets, stewed potatoes, and Black Jelly with Sarsi drinks.
















Birthday Girl pointing to the camera. Happy Birthday!















Posing with the aunties~
















What ladies do best, TALKING!















Cutting the brownie cake with generous amount of ice cream.















Sister staring and staring at the ice cream.















I hope you're salivating right now
















Camwhoring
















Melissa on the right is back from UK[JPA scholar]















The youths were camwhoring so i caught the "disease" and ask my sister to pose the kawaii number signs. For those who dont' get it, it is using the number of fingers from 1-10 to make a cool pose.Here they are:


Number One. Pokey Pokey face















Two. The scissors face















Three. Eye candy?















Four. YES SIR!















Five. Omigosh *GASP*















Six. Call me baybeh~















Seven. Killer look~














Eight. Don't play play with me. My gun is dangerous~















Nine. Yo man!















Ten. X-factor. Roy at the back is imitating my sis.















My sister was the highlight as she love posing . Roy make her pose at the pond, stairs and almost everywhere and take her photo. Roy is a professional photographer with a home studio. That night we watch some christian tv and do more talking. Entertain myself my blowing and teaching others to blow a shofar. Left the party around 9 ++ .

Ahma's Birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday Ahma!!! 118 years old already but still studying in MAMAK[Malaysian Matrik] .

Now, i am tired~ The time for me to go to curtin is coming up. Ahhhhhh!!! I feel reluctant to leave home. Oh well, come back during September if possible. Parents may visit me in August. So i won't be that homesick i guess. .....

JIA YOU [myself]!!!!

No comments:

Followers