About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Eat, Ate, Eaten

Sigh~ *breathe in breathe out* Sigh~
I shall be leaving for miri soon. Very soon in fact. I am only about 5 days away from another town in Kuching, a place where i will be studying for a few years. I am feeling homesick [not the sick-of-home kind] when i haven't even step foot into Miri. I will miss my family especially and church friends, uncles and aunties. I think i would cry before i fly off. Kuching is very much a place i've grown up in for so long and familiar with. The only thing with me that will accompany me in miri is God and home memorablilias. Gosh. Feeling so emo now.

Past few day i've been attending a couple of pot bless in honour of me leaving Miri which made me even more reluctant to leave Kuching. I think i'll break it into a few parts so that the post won't be so lengthy.

Last Saturday, the aunties from EBC Line Dancing Ministry organized a pot bless for me. Being the last time i will be cooking for pot bless i was determined to prepare the best dish i could. Armed with a cooking spatula and sister peeling the potatoes we cooked up the best Shepherd's pie. This time with vintage cheddar cheese and lea perrin's Worcestershire's Sauce. It was so delicious.

Around 7.45 we started eating and enjoying each other's recipe. Before that, the aunties gave a huge ang pao and a card. That's so nice of you aunties. I really appreciate it. Took some group photos and enjoy ourselves. Being Line Dancing Kakis, naturally we dance after we ate. Had also a good karaoke session. Its amazing how young and old can connect despite age. Being with them for 3 years in EBC Line Dance i really learn a lot. Especially to reach out to people about christ through dance

Here are some photos:

My Creation
















Side View. The peaks are made so that the mashed potato layer is crispy
















Spot the Shepherd's Pie and i will give you my recipe!
















Dancing Moonligh Sonata
















My mom dancing, you see or not?>

















Other day i made a Chocolate Vanilla Smoothie.


The Ingredients [Clockwise]-Ice, Magnolia's Chocolate drink[ i was lazy to make my own], Oats[secret Ingredients], Vanilla Ice Cream
















All Blended

















Finished Product
















The secret to have a robust and nice thick smoothies are actually the cereal and good fatty milk[full cream]. I like my chocolate with oats however you can use wheatgerm or barley wheat. I think it would work as well.

Anyways back to my emo mode. Sigh really feel reluctant. Donno what to expect on the rollercoaster of college life. Do pray for me. I heard where i am staying the place is quite dangerous. My sister is hugging and kissing me everyday coz she say she will miss me. Sigh double emo mode liao. Kinda hard studying the SPM books. It seems i can still relatively remember the stuff except add maths though haven't been putting my brain in good use. Hmmm?

I miss my family and Kuching......

[emoing out] :(

No comments:

Followers