About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Friday, May 22, 2009

Stars for a Day

Yesterday, my teammates and I of OMG! group (it's not Oh My Goodness, it's Only Moral Group) participated in the final round of the ambitious Moral Sketch Competition 2009. Our efforts paid off from the endless rounds of discussion, practice and strategies. But i won't never and ever ever forget the ONE who kept us going all this while. At times i felt tired from the practice , i prayed. When i felt that things are not working right, i prayed. When someone is not feeling and acting right, i prayed. I guess the winning factor is not us, but God.

I would like firstly to thank God, Jesus, for everything he has done yesterday. I want to thank for the peace he has placed in me, Aaron, Debbie , Brenda and Darrold's heart during the performance yesterday. I took time yesterday to set aside some time praying for the performance. I guess that's the secret weapon during the sketch competition. The "X" factor. I also want to thank you for helping to me to be humble, it was indeed a humbling experience to learn from the moral sketch competition.

I do not know whether you guys felt it but yesterday somehow there was a boost during the sketch. Perhaps it's the confidence God placed in us. I kept muttering a prayer based on Philipians 4;13

- We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

I think that's my motto now to study hard and excel in everything i do.

Next i would like to thank my team member : Aaron, Debbia, Darrold and Brenda
I could never ask for another cast member. We blended well and perform perfectly. There's nothing more that i can ask for. Thanks for listening to my criticisms during the sketch and listening to me on how the sketch should go. I want to say sorry if i hurt anyone during the process.

Aaron- You certainly matured alot in acting even though it's your first time. Keep it up!
Debbie- Perfect gangster. Haha. Enough said.
Brenda- Pefect vegetable thrower. haha. I wonder what would happen to your husband next time.
Darrold- I think the experience you had before helped you become the actor that should be. No criticisms from me i think.
Nash, Melvin and Jacky- Thanks for helping us with some acting, lights and props during the sketch
Thank you all my other friends especially 2E3 class for supporting us!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I hope one day we would all be able to act once more.

Somehow, today we all felt like a celebrities. People that we hardly speak come up and speak to us. Apparently, many were touched by the sketch. Some even cried. I never even thought it would be that touching. Thank you!

p.s: maybe that explained the standing ovation? Hehe XD.

Ahhhhh.........i should have gone into performing arts ho? Even my Effective communication skills lecturer said i should do publick speaking. haha. Thank you God for this talent you've given me.

No comments:

Followers