About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Friday, May 15, 2009

Rest

That one word sums it of all the things i did this week. Had assessments, moral studies sketch, and physics quiz.

About physics quiz:

It was a bummer. I felt very disappointed. I studied really hard for this quiz to pull up my marks but i failed to do so. It was not my inadequacy of my brain capacity rather the questions tested were simply too hard. One had to apply concepts from various chapters in the out-of-the-box questions. Many a times the lecturer says that reading slides and tutorial are adequate for you to pass the quiz with flying colours. However, i beg to differ. The quizzes definitely crossed the line. Too many questions are not in the tutorial exercises nor slides and has concepts which never crosses a student's mind. In addition, time is too short for proper logical thinking.

Personally, a quiz should test one's capability of understanding the particular topic and main ideas; not testing a person's IQ and mental capability to form new concepts in a frame of 30 minutes. However, i did my best. But i want to thank God for helping me in the test especially in the last toughest questions. God suddenly gave me the concept while i prayed to Him. I managed to do the questions but i substitute the wrong value. Nonetheless, i still get majority of the marks. As hard as it sounds, i should have stick to my own answers for MCQ questions. Blame it on the peer pressure. *Sorry God!*

Dear God,
Thank you for the help you assisted me for Physics. Though i know that my marks are dwindling low, i will praise you for all you've done. I pray that you'll give me the discipline and take away that disappointment of failure. Give me a spirit of determination and to be the best in everything i do. I pray for Madam Norhashimah that she'll find the heart to be kinder and set more relevant questions for physics. As much as we don't like the questions, help me to choose to love her as my lecturer. I pray that you'll bless her despite the situation. I cast my cares, fears and worries of physics to you dear Jesus. Amen!





Moral Studies Sketch:

It was awesome! Everything was smooth except that we accidentally left one scene out. However, spontaneously, we quickly adapt to cover up the missing hole so the sketch was not left hanging. It was brilliant. I am very happy that the sketch i wrote (ideas from team members of course) and co-directed was very good. Some of my friends admitted to almost shedding a tear. We wanted to stepped out of the cliche comedy sketches and do a emotional one instead. It's hard doing an emotional one because one needs to nail the emotions correctly. For this, i have to give credit to Aaron Ko as the main character which cried really well during the performance.

BECAUSE of that we made it into the FINALS!
Despite the "sighs" of other team members, i feel very proud of all of us that we were chosen . I secretly was very nervous because i've been doing sketches many times and i will feel a bit down if our group's sketch wasn't chosen. As the narrator of the sketch, i want to really thank you guys and gals in my team for working so hard. I know it's hard and tiring( because i am not acting) but thanks for putting up with my positive criticisms and correction. Thanks for doing the best you can!

I hope we can nail it once more in the finals !! Gambateh!

No comments:

Followers