About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Irrational Fear

Ps. Ben's prayer still resonated in my spirit that i'm not too compare myself spiritually and in my talents. But to trust in him , be faithful in serving gladly and continue to walk with him.

Reflecting about it, it's very true what God has said to me through Ps.Ben. I've been battling with a jealousy and irrational fear of being unused back in EBC. Especially in the Sat Night Service during the long holiday breaks, not once did i serve. In the English service i served only once. I was bitter and confused. Did i do something wrong? Did i hurt anyone? I even tried, mind my derogatory term "suck-up" to people so that maybe the leaders would notice me.

No avail........

It's when during my latest holiday, i expected nothing, and just let go and let God suddenly i got a message from Wilson to ask me to serve. I was really surprised.

Another thing i have to mentally stop doing is to also not compare my skills level with another. Eg: I'm bad in hearing chord progression in minor/major especially when the note is a MINOR and you have to play a MAJOR chord. It's very confusing. I practiced hard but nothing seem to change much. I will always judge another pianist's skill on stage and sometimes being a little bitter if they are better. So yeah it's really my fault.

It's when i let go and let God take over , the anointing comes, and i play smoothly and with "better hearing" .

Conclusion: Stop being kiasu and kia-God. Lol.

It's still a stage 1 on the learning curve but it's necessary to move on. The silver medal vision that Mark gave me the other day was a description of what i really felt when i'm just all Gold from God's perspective.

Don't compare
Just prepare
Don't be bitter
Be a worshipper.

No comments:

Followers