About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hebrews 4:10-11

Amplified Bible (AMP)

10For he who has once entered [God's] rest also has ceased from [the weariness and pain] of human labors, just as God rested from those labors [a]peculiarly His own.

11Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves], that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience [into which those in the wilderness fell].

Based on the commentary is speaks that those who strive and rest in Him, when their time is up , will receive eternal life , rest and the benefits like God is having now. However, I like to think it in a literal sense. That we should strive to be in his rest at all times so that when we labour on earth, it won't be a job but rather rest through work?

I donno how to explain it but taking exams for example we strive so hard by our own hands but still get a B. But often when i rely on God's grace and strive once more , i find myself getting A+ or excelling more in everything i do.

I feel that this passage is reminding me once more and not to shut Jesus out of my student life and keep him to the spiritual box. For HE is indeed interested in everything we do and unto him , let everything we do be worshipful and re-mindful of him.

Prayer: Lord, Help me to trust and rest in you more so that i will spur on and have the energy to serve you.

No comments:

Followers