About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

~God is Good all the time~

*updated*

Drown my sadness with four pieces of chicken...........hehe.....The song "trust his heart" ministered to me again. haha

For those who want to know my results, it is 8A1 3A2 and 1B3. Though it is not as good as some people, i am still very much grateful and in debt to God. Yes,i do feel discouraged in some way or another, but hey, what's done is done, and the future isn't bleak for me. There's always a silver lining behind those dark clouds. One of my friend once said, doing SPM well is nothing compared to really doing well in the uni or college. Many students who get good results in SPM start to fail when they go for their tertiary education, and resulted in being blacklisted if they had applied for scholarship. Well i take great encouragement in that, who knows one of us may become famous one day contributing to humanity despite the SPM results? We have to DARE TO FAIL(good book). Many famous and intelligent people come from backgrounds where they have fail at least once. I may fail once now(to get good results), but i may reap another hundred distinctions. So those who are discourage, take delight in the lord. He has better plans for all of us. And each step you take actually glorifies God's name.

Thankful points for SPM:

1. GOD

Yes, i must thank him first for all the things he has done and planned for my life.

2. A supportive Family

I want to say a big thank you to all my siblings and my parents for being there with me and cheering me up despite the SPM results. Especiallly to my mom, who always nags for good, encourage, motivates me (very good stories though), and help me in planning my studies and such. What more can a child can ask??

3. Getting an A1 for Sejarah/History

I actually broke down and cried the night before sejarah paper 2. I told God that i couldn't cope anymore as i have trouble remembering the facts. I ask him to help me, and God did. He told me just to study the notes that my friend had forecasted. I was of course doubtful, but i did as God told me to and i also did some other revision for sejarah. And true enough, all the questions in the paper(or most of it) came from the forecasted list from my friend. I also want to thank her for her generosity.

4. Getting A's for Science Subjects

Not going for tuition for science subjects were though. Nevertheless, i manage to pull through. This proves that tuition is not necessary unless you really need it. Most of all, i need to thank my teachers for teaching (only source for my studies) me and guiding me in the fundamental steps for scoring in SPM. Though we may complain of you, but hey, which teacher is perfect, all of us has flaws. At least, they still come in the class to teach rather than lazing around in the staff room *snickers*

5. Pulling through SPM(dont' eat when reading this, excessive description)

Many of my friends or classmates didn't know this BUT i was actually sick during the second week of exam. Very badly unwell just that i didn't show it in front of you guys. On the Sunday(the day b4 we had our first Monday break) afternoon, i had food poisoning so did my other siblings. I had a very painful stomachache and i was literally rolling on the bed to stop the pain. I couldn't concentrate very well for chemistry. I prayer to God to subside the pain, commanding the pain to go and such. The pain subside, but it came back worst every 30 minutes. Fever start to come, i was feeling nauseous, and i was in pain. I remember crying out to God to help me. Suddenly i had a great urge to vomit, i began vomiting very badly. I never remembering myself vomiting so badly in my life. The volume of liquid was a lot. I think this was the point most of the poison of bad toxins were removed from my body. Then the worst thing came, diarrhea attacks. I had to go to the loo quite often and by then i was literally in fatigue. This is where mother's love comes in, i remember my mom reading the a few chemistry chapters to me while i lie on the bed. She help me to memorize, analyze, remind and such. I did whole of chapter 2 form 5 without even reading and i can still quite remember it. Thank you mom!

For the rest of the week , i was on ultra carbon pills, tablets, multivitamins etc.....I was still sick, down with fever and such. The worst one was having cold sweat. It was so hard to concentrate during the exam but i manage to pull through. I also thank God for speedy recovery because my brother continued to be sick for more than a week.

Anyway, getting 11 A's is not bad considering i was partially handicapped in this case being sick. I can't tell how much i am grateful to God for helping me. I knew i could do better, but God has other plans. Would you rather thank yourself and become egoistic rather than relying and being dependent on God and being humbled? I choose the latter.

6. Blessed with Good Friends

I also want to thank God for putting me with friends at the right hour, right place, and right time, right day etc......It was amazing . I remember walking and i will get some tips here and there by eavesdropping which actually helped me in SPM. Besides that , i want to thank my friends who put up with my antics constantly asking them for help in certain questions or subjects especailly in physics and add math. Not only that, you guys given me good frienship for 2 years(form 4-5). I also want to thank other friends from other schools who actually were generous enough to pass me notes and such which helped me along the way.

7. Being in GRSS

Nothing much to be said right? i can't imagine myself in another school with different environment, teachers and friends......

8. Getting A2 for Bible Knowledge

For the whole year of 2007 i was left alone to study BK on my own. We did have a speed-class which was only three lessons. I'm really thankful for getting an A. I know i should be getting A1 but A2 was already amazing enough for me. Some friends also brief me on the format which may actually cause my marks to drop. Thank God for his providence. Studying ACTS in a week is tedious when all your friends are enjoying already. Haha. By the way, to those who didn't do week in BK, don't fret. It doesn't make you more UN-Christian. What you did was a bold step, declaring that you want to seriously study about your faith. Good thing God doesn't measure our faith by merits, isn't it? You made a point to devote time studying his word and that attitude is more than God can ask for. Have faith!

Anyway, congrats to those who got good results in SPM. But i pray you won't be big-headed*ahem* and remain that standard for years to come. Well, SPM is like that lor, always tricking people's prediction . As for me, i am grateful with my results though i knew i could do better when i wasn't sick. But i won't remain on this level. The devil stole my results ( in a way) and i am going to get it back in future(with God's aid) to come . Besides that, i also applied for JPA scholarships. I know its going to be hard for me to get in, considering the fact 6000+ are students with straight A's. But i know nothing is impossible with God, i'm gonna keep on going on and pray for it. I have greater reasons to thank God if i do get in right? This is the power of prayer.......

New hope, New aspirations , New future, New zeal.......
Thank God for my results!!!!!!

No comments:

Followers