About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Year+ Randomness













Whoa~ It is the New Year already. Sometimes i always have that awkward sensation that somehow God fast forwarded time without us knowing it. When i was still young i remember vividly that i always asked God to fast forward time. Most of the time i did nothing at home and i always bored. I longed for the end of the day where i could play with the neighbourhood kids or for the school holidays. Now that my wish is granted, i just wished i could eat my own words and wished for 48 hours a day instead. One more year and then i would have to embrace adulthood. Somehow i do not want to embrace the future as i am not really prepared. However i was in deep thought once more and it change the way i perceive things. Well being a youth is not forever and being an adult has a very long way to go. If we keep on stopping ourselves and longing for our youthfulness instead of embracing the future, would we leave good memories? My goal? To embrace the future, make the best of my time, and each time i look back i will remember the sweet memories i made, the goodness of the Lord, and friendships i shared. Time really do fly really fast and before long many would have been working, married . and then start a family life. Somehow it is not very fair because we get to be be youths for such a short time and then adult like almost times 4 !

My post now will be very random

I remember the words from my mom. The friends you make in university of college are usually friends for your whole life. Wise words? So do be careful which companions you make.

Recently, i find myself a very nostalgic kind of person. I really appreciate things that come my way or gifts i receive. But the ultimate problem? Letting them go. Seriously! I remember the gifts i receive for my 18th birthday. One of them was the chocolate cheesecake from Secret Recipe. I had about a quarter left and i refuse to eat it immediately. I think i almost let it "rot" for about 2 weeks before i start taking some bites. Don't worry i am still alive. Cheesecakes last very long. I feel rather embarrassed to tell this but i almost wanted to keep the cake box (with the cream and such) as a remembrance. But i had to scold myself to throw it away. See? Get my point? I think this is a very bad compulsive disorder. I have to learn to be vicious. But once the thing is gone or thrown i can get over it. Usually, i won't throw the stuff though because i won't do it. Someone else has to do the dirty work (sorry mum) XD. Another recent case would be the bear that was given away. I really feel angry . Normal people would cry or get angry over a bear right? Unless it is from their *ahem ahem* . I foresee i would keep many junks in my house next time. My parents are planning to get a new piano and i think i would grieve over my old piano. Many memories were etched into it. My happy and sad times, grieves and desperation were played on the ivory and black keys. I think i will really miss it . Most of all, skills were learnt on it and times when i worship God with it. Not only that, the piano is antique. I want a new piano but also i would like to keep the old one. I really need to overcome this problem don't I? I haven't touched my christmas chocolates at all because of this problem too!!! Someone help me!!! One of my new year's resolution would also to be overcoming this attitude. * tells himself these things are just objects, just objects, just objects etc......*





I can't believe that so many people are so particular about animals. If a cat were just to be thrown and catch i think PETA and all the organizations will come to sue you. I wonder how people can be so emotionally attached to animals and love them MORE than humans. Some say that they have emotions and spirits? FYI, I cannot and would not believe chickens will fill up the heavens. Bible never mention animals have spirits anyway. So technically, i am not commiting any murder. Gosh imagine the heavne filled with turkeys, chickens, and fishes. Must be like a zoo heaven i think. There is a statistic like there are 3 turkeys for every citizen in USA. Oh well, pok pok to you obsessive animals lovers! I think so much money can be used instead by channeling to proper organizations like for hungry people or the poor. Why animals? FYI, animals do not appreciated your work. WHo knows one day a tiger might eat you. I am not saying we must abuse animals, but just don't be so compulsive

Today also i started Grade 7 for piano. It is killing me!!! But i will try my best to finish it latest my this month. More reasons to play piano and practice really crazily. I almost practice up to 6 hours one of the day. 3 hours sitting straight at the piano perfecting score by score. I really feel like a music student.

I think will do the tag later......brain is still fuzzy. And oh i need to lose weight before CNY so that i can eat more later. Haha

Wishing you another blessed new year!

No comments:

Followers