About Me

A geologist to be learning and growing more in Jesus Christ. Yes, he is my Rock!

Thursday, February 05, 2009

God has his plans

Was talking to my mom the other night about the economic recession(i know , we're geeks) and social unrest and suddenly it dawned on me that God has his wonder-working plan over my life.

Slightly less than a year ago i was asking God why didn't I get the course i wanted which is biotechnology and most of all not being able to go overseas for education(my ultimate teen dream). After working hard and also preparing very well to ace the interviews, i didn't get the government scholarhip, JPA , for biotechnology in USA. Rather, i got the geology offer from Petronas to study in Curtin, Miri. Honestly i chose that course because i didn't want to take engineering and it was nearest to biology/study of nature. However i just accepted it with my mom's wise words:

"biotechnology is your choice, for you to be a teacher is my choice, and perhaps, to be a geologist is God's plan", said my mom.

So yeah, that was what i did. Again i was wondering why i didn't get to go to USA for geology as some students manage to get that offer from Petronas. Now looking back i finally can see why God didn't let me go to USA or overseas. Because of the economic recession:

1. Government is more unwilling to accept foreigners
2. Prices of material needs/services would naturally increase- only burdening ourselves rather and making us unfocused to our studies
3. Social unrest is quite evident

Perhaps when the effect of the economic recession is over, i will be able to pursue my dreams, hopefully soon.

Petronas please send us over to Perth!!



No comments:

Followers